Someone may try to take your customer away from you. This could be a total stranger or another dealer that you are on friendly terms with. This is a cause of frustration for many because this is eating away at your pocket book and they are disrespecting you.
What you need to know is how to handle these situations. Is it really worth it to blast someone? Is the customer worth fighting over? Did you confront the other dealer that he/she is your customer? Did you confront the customer that they should only be doing business with you?
Again, if you have the best product, the lowest prices, and the fast delivery times, everybody would come to you. The only reason that your customer is going to someone else is because the other dealer may have an edge over you in one of the attributes listed above.
Here are the answers to your questions:
- Is the customer worth fighting over?
- If the customer buys a lot from you, has a lot of cash and is an integral part of your revenue stream, it is worth fighting over.
- If the customer doesn’t buy a lot and doesn’t have money, you can just forget it.
- If the customer buys a lot from you and is low key and is very careful, it is worth fighting over.
- If the customer buys a lot from you and is very flashy and acts outrageous, it is not worth fighting over.
- If the customer buys a little from you, they are not worth fighting over.
- ***Remember, for the dealer customers, they are easier to deal with because they will usually tell you straight up what they’re problem is. You either fix the problem or lose them as a customer. Everything is usually tied to price or quality.
- If the customer is worth fighting over. How do you confront the other dealer?
- If you know the dealer, you can phone them up or meet them directly and talk about it. After that, if they don’t stop, you can get the customer to set them up and catch them red handed and kick their ass right there.
- If you don’t know the other dealer, you can pay the customer to set them up.
- ***Usually we offer them at least one warning so that it gives them a choice of either life or death. From there, we see what they do and what they do affects their destiny.
- If the customer is worth fighting over. How do you confront the customer?
- You speak with the customer directly by phone or by person and get feedback from them.
- ***If you know what the issue is, fix it before you meet them so that you can sell them better stuff at the meeting. Speaking directly to them about why they’re going to another wholesaler may scare some of them. The best way that we find is by talking to them about new deals on new terms, so for instance we can offer them 10kg for 190k, and after 4 consecutive deals of that you can offer them 180k for 10kg or something of that sort. You can also offer them better quality, more premium product which is far superior than of the competitions.
When this type of thing happens, it also helps to talk with your wholesaler. Talk to them if they can get better product, when the next batch is so that if your customer doesn’t like the old batch, they can switch to the new batch right away, or if they can offer a better price.