“Starting out is the hardest part, but once you get past that, everything gets easier.”
You think selling drugs is easy? Well, it’s not. Instead of in the legit world where they have to deal with rules and regulations, we gotta deal with police and rival gangs. Plus, there’s a hell of a lot of competition out there. This business ain’t for the faint of heart. This business takes total commitment and devotion.
Down in my block, I’ve seen it all. Starting out is very hard because the gangs own the territories. New dealers come in everyday but as fast as they come in, they get shut down. These days you can’t expect to go into someone’s block without expecting a gun fight. Those peaceful days are over.
So what do you do? If you’re serious about setting up shop, do your market research first. New dealers throw themselves into situations that they can’t handle so in order to prevent that, the first thing you must do is to pick an area that you want to sell in that you are comfortable with. Write down a list of the top 5 places which you are considering getting into and ask yourself:
- What is the total population of the area? (you can research on the internet or in the library)
- The larger the population, the larger the market and the more competition there is. If you are new, consider staying away from the large metropolitan areas, leave those for the big boys for now.
- What is the average rent in the area?
- The lower the cost of living, the more junkies there will be. People who are addicted tend to live in these areas so that they can support their habits. Just take a look at the cost of rent in the area.
- What is the average family income per household?
- The more income people have, the more they will spend. Addiction has no boundaries.
- Are there a lot of jobs in the area?
- Check out places where an industry is booming. You always want to be where the economy is thriving. Choose cities with a lot of jobs so that all of your customers will have money.
- What are the ethnic groups in the area?
- Which ethnic groups dominate the population in the area? If you’re black, you don’t want to be selling where Hispanics are and vice versa because if you do, you will stick out like a sore thumb.
- What kinds of drug busts happened in the area?
- By checking out this info, you will get to know your competition as well as what kinds of quantities they are dealing with.
- You will also get to know which groups the cops have shut down. When one group gets taken out, there will be gaps in the market for you to take advantage of.
- The news is good to check up on because you will see where the police are putting their efforts into.
- How severe are the drug laws in the area?
- Some states are more lenient in drug felonies than others. Focus on the areas where the punishment is less.
After you did your research on where you would like to sell, you will need to go in-depth to do research on your competition. Tally a list of the top 5 drug organizations in the area and see who runs the show. Who are their top commanders and what kind of a reputation do they have? How big are their crews and which parts do they dominate? What kinds of drugs do they specialize in? What kinds of quantities do they deal with?
Then find out what happens to newbies who start in the area. How fast do they react to new competition? Do they shut the newbies down swiftly or do the big boys tend to fight among themselves. Don’t just jump into a territory because you can, evaluate your risk first. If you are just starting out, you will want to minimize your risk.